I prefer to use quality sterling silver on all my jewelry projects but unfortunately real silver tarnishes easily. I’ve recently discovered this great organic way to clean the tarnish off silver jewelry. It’s so easy to do, I can’t believe that I didn’t know about this until now! I’ve used this method to clean my silver earrings with semi-precious stones and so far it hasn’t damaged the stones and the pieces look as good as new.
1. Line a small bowl with aluminum foil.
2. Put your tarnished silver pieces in the lined bowl so each piece is touching the foil.
3. Sprinkle baking soda generously on the tarnished silver.
4. Pour boiling hot water in and fill enough to cover all contents.
5. Wait a couple of minutes, turning jewelry at least once to get both sides cleaned. Very tarnished pieces might take longer.
6. Rinse the silver jewelry in water and let dry.
7. Enjoy your fresh as new sparkling silver jewelry!